Owning a horse is like having a giant pit which you always have to fill up with money. They eat a lot, they need expensive pedicures more often than a diva, and veterinarians aren’t cheap either. Still set on this lifestyle?
If you have not run screaming to a cozy office job by the end of this page – congratulations – you are going to LOVE the ranch life – as do I … but I will tell you the good parts later.
Ranch work and horse boarding - top 10 things to consider before jumping in!
10. There is no money in providing board, you do it because you love it
9. You can NEVER take a day off without making elaborate preparations
8. You must be passionate about these beautiful animals
7. Our equine friends are big, so is their poop – real big
6. Shoveling manure takes up a lot of your time
5. Horses get sick, so do you
4. Fences break
3. Stables flood
2. Mice share the barn
1. Endless visitors!!!
Ronnie Kellner has a website called www.LivingWithHorses.com